A rare chance to experience Georgian cuisine and song…
Friday October 19 2018 7 PM $80 Limited seating (max 15)
RSVP for exact location (near Dufferin Grove Park)
Concert includes a gourmet 5 course homemade Georgian meal (Georgian menu below) and 2 glasses of wine. Songs (by GABO’s TRIO and the MAKHARASHVILI FAMILY) and toasts interspersed through the evening. For more info or to reserve your spot, email MusiCampTO at Gmail.com or visit our contact page. Also visit our FB event page for occasional postings on the cuisine of Georgia.
Here’s your chance to not only try it but to experience it in one of the most authentic performance opportunities of Georgian song – not on the concert stage but around a dinner table, sharing food, song and toasts!
It is known that Georgian food is best consumed with traditional Georgian song and wine! So what better way to experience the flavours than in this rare chance at this dinner-concert. And given that Georgia is also known as the cradle of wine (the oldest archeological finds of wine making are from Easter-Georgia), of course a few glasses of wine will accompany the dinner.
The Evening’s Menu is still being developed but it would look something like this:
- Charkhlis Mkhali or Pkhali (beet or spinach puréed with walnuts and fresh herbs)
- Kharcho (walnut-garlic infused beef stew),
- Adjapsandali (eggplant stew) and
- Khachapuri (Georgia’s most famous cheese pie).
- Salad Nigvitz (cucumber, tomatoes and red onions salad with walnut dressing – with an option to have the dressing on the side).